Are you looking for the best settings to configure PCSX2 emulator for high speed performance and to fix lag issues? Then you are at the right place.
PCSX2 is a free and open source games emulator which supports a wide range of playstation 2 games with high amount of flexibility and compatibility. PCSX2 is available for almost all the platforms, including Windows, Linux, and macOS.
PCSX2 supports custom resolutions, text-filtering, and anti-aliasing and so this emulator requires the high-end computers to run its modules smoothly. However, PCSX2 can also be installed on a low-end with some configuration tweaks.
Lets see, how to tweak PCSX2 on your PC to get the best performance.
How to configure PCSX2’s settings for best performance?
The most ideal way to make the PCSX2 emulator run faster and smoother either on a high or low-end device would be to upgrade your hardware to the latest update. There are also some low level games available that you can easily play on your computer without any lag issue.
Here is the step by step guide:
How to Configure PCSX2 Emulator
It is a very important setting as it helps you to configure the emotions engine and microVu compiler. The steps are very straightforward. First of all, open/launch the emulator and then follow the below tutorial.
Best Emulation Settings
#1. In the menu, you will find several options. You need to click on the ‘Config’ option and then a new menu will appear. You need to click on “Emulation Settings”.
In the ‘Emulation settings’ dashboard, you will have several options. You have to configure all the settings one by one very carefully.Under EE/ECP options, you need to configure all the options as stated below —
- Emotion Engine > Select the “Recompiler”.
- ICP > Select the “Recompiler”.
- EE/FPU advanced Recompiler options > Select the “Chp/Zero”.
- Clamping Mode > Select the “None”.
#2. Under the VUs options, you need to configure all the options as stated below —
- VU0 > Select the ‘microVU Recompiler’.
- VU1 > Select the ‘microVU Recompiler’.
- Round Mode > Select the ‘chop/zero’.
- Clamping Mode > Select the ‘None’.
#3. In the GS dashboard, You need to find ‘Frame Skipping’ options. And then there you need to select the ‘Constant Skipping’ option. And then enter 1 in ‘Frames to Draw’ input box and then 2 in the ‘Frames to skip’ input box.
#4. You do not need to configure anything under GS Windows settings.
#5. In the Speedhacks dashboard, you need to tick on “Enable Speedhacks” option first.And then increase the EE Cyclerate [Not Recommended] to 33% and VU Cycle [Not Recommended] to 33%.
- Select the INTC Spin Detection.
- Select the mVU Falg Hack.
- Select the Wait Loop Detection.
- Select the MTVU (Multi-Threaded microVU1).
#6. In the ‘Game Fixes’ settings dashboard, you no need to configure anything.
#7. That’s it.
Best Video(GS) Plugin settings
- Adapter > Select the ‘Inter(R) HD Graphics’.
- Renderer > Select the ‘OpenGL (Hardware)’.
- Interlacing (F5) > Select the ‘Auto’.
- Internla Resolution > Select the ‘Native’.
- Texture Filtering > Select the ‘Nearest’.
- CRC Hack level > Select the ‘Full (Safest)’.
Best Audio (SPU2) Plugin settings
- Interpolation > Select the ‘Linear (simple/okay sound)’.
- Disable Effects Processing.
- Module > Select the ‘XAudio 2 (recommended)’.
- Synchronizing Mode > Select the ‘TimeStretch (recommended)’.
- Select ‘Use a Winamp DSP Plugin’.
And then save the settings. That’s it.
I have tested all the configurations stated above on my laptop. However, these settings might not work for you. You may get a black screen if your computer is not compatible with these settings.
I request you to add your queries in the below comment box and so that I can help you to sort out any issues that you are facing.
Thanks. I hope that I was successful in sorting out your all issues regarding best PCSX2 settings and configuration.